Getting ready for the "Tour of Art" exhibition at the Traillworks Gallery.
Here are some of the bread boxes I have collected over the years, washed and ready to be assembled. I buy most of them at garage sales, thrift stores and on ebay. I also collect vintage ottomans from the same time period. I remove the legs and hardware and use them as the legs for the bread box tables.
The legs from the ottomans are a good height. The tables aren't to high. I like to use materials from the same time period, I could turn them myself but then I would have to buy the hardware separately. It is actually cheaper to buy the ottoman with the legs and the hardware. I now have a collection of vintage vinyl ottomans that I'll make something with. Some of the legs will stay as they are and some will get painted, depending on which bread box I use.

No comments:
Post a Comment