Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Elvis has left the garage


Making a living as an Artist/Crafts person is wonderful yet can be full of many stresses.  We not only make the product but we are responsible for marketing and promoting our work.  We are the salesperson trying to sell our product and the graphic designer.  Bottom line is we wear many hats.  There is no regular pay yet the bills still come in regularly.  Most of us work alone in the studio,  It's a tough way too make a living.  This said and done I still couldn't imagine doing anything else or being anywhere else other than the studio.  This lifestyles allows me to meet like minded individuals who don't take life so seriously ( it can be serious enough without us adding to it).  This past weekend we had a BBQ/Birthday party.  My friend Jeff gave me a full size Elvis cut-out.  If I worked in an office I would never have the opportunity to work side-by-side with the King.  My point is ( without sounding to lofty)  life is short- so why not try too make a living doing what you love.  Being creative and working with my hands makes me happy, therefore I'm a better partner and a better Dad too my son when I come home at the end of the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment