Saturday, May 28, 2011

Art Allstate 2011




I spent this weekend at the Worcester Art museum.  Each year the museum hosts Art Allstate.  A state wide art collaboration featuring the states best Junior, high school art students.  All regions are represented.  I have had the privilege of being an Artist/Mentor to a group of 18 students for the past six years now.  Artist/Mentors are paired together.  This year I was paired with Cat Manolis, a great artist from North Carolina.  We had 18 awesome students.  Our chosen materials were plastic garbage bags and electrical wire.  Our given materials were yellow kraft paper and old baseball cards.  I always get jazzed at this event.  The outcome is awesome.  The first few images are of the students brain storming ideas and getting a feel for the materials they are going to use for their projects.  The later ones are of the project coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment