I'm working on a lot of different projects right now.
Today was a busy day in the studio. I prepped and glued up stock for a table top. I milled stock for table legs and cut tapers on the legs. I made aprons and cut tenons on the aprons. I cut leg parts for a wine box table. I cut the notches in the legs for the table and I made the cleats for the top. I also cut plywood for the bottoms of my bread side tables. I'm using plexi glass for the tops of the wine box table. The plexi is a lot cheaper. It is a prototype after all.
Tomorrow I'm going to torch the edges to make them clear.
I use a home made jig to cut the tapers on the legs. It's a simple piece of plywood cut to the shpae of the taper and screwed to a plywood base. A couple of toggle clamps is all you need. It works well
I always cut my tenons on the table saw using a set of stack dado blades and a false fence attached to the regular saw fence. With a single set up I can cut the shoulders and cheeks of the tenons without moving the fence. It makes very accurate tenons.

No comments:
Post a Comment