I have a lot of pieces to make for the exhibition.
I recently started making a couple of tables out of some wooden wine boxes I was given. The legs are tapered and notched to fit around the box. I pegged the legs with copper roofing nails and textured the head of the nails. I finished the table with a urethane top coat and applied a coat of wax to amber and add patina to the table. I used rope cleats to secure the glass top. I painted the cleats a copper/brass color to match the patina and the copper nails on the legs. I attached the plexi glass by drilling holes in it and using brass screws that went through the cleats and bolted to the underside of the box lid. I fabricated and added a glass rack on the underside of the box, it holds two wine glasses perfectly.
I sanded the edges of the plexi glass using 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. I will torch the edges to make them clear. This project will be a project on a future episode of " The Garage with Steve Butler" Tune in to charter on demand and catch an episode, click on 'community interest'.

No comments:
Post a Comment