Yesterday I completed the tables. I took the old battens that were on the back of the door and cut them in two. I then attached them to the underside of table tops to help with placement. The top support stretches nestle nicely against the battens. I then counter bore a large hole to accommodate the screw head and then drilled a smaller hole for the screw into the underside of the support stretchers. I enlarged the screw hole to compensate for wood movement and attached the tops to the base with 1 5/8" screws. I love how everything worked out. I'll live with the tables for awhile and decide if I'll paint the base or not.
I took the original door handle off the door and attached it to the underside of a table top. It'll remind me of the history of the work.

No comments:
Post a Comment