When we were apple picking this past weekend we saw a beautiful old cider house that had a wonderful old coopered apple bin. My son loves to dress up and play pirate. The coopered apple bin inspired me. Quinn's been asking for me to build him a large pirate chest that he can use so I started to build him one this week. The chest is made out of pine and constructed using simple butt joints reinforced with square head nails. The top is made out of pine staves that I coopered for the lid. The angle on each piece is approximately nine degrees. If you have pieces that are the same width you then can do simple math to find the angle of each piece. I'll take a hand plane to the lid to knock off the sharp corners. This will make it round.





No comments:
Post a Comment