I made this rustic chair three years ago. I made the chair as a project for an episode of the show 'The Garage with Steve Butler'. The chair is made out of red maple sticks. The mortise holes were drilled out using a forstner bit and the round tenons were cut using a tenoning cutter, which works much like a very large pencil sharpener. I pegged the tenons using small panel nails. The nails are available in different colors. I used brown nails. I used one inch wide black and red shaker tape to weave the seat. This was the first chair of this type I had ever made and I'm really happy with it. The chair has been storage for the past three years . The storage isn't heated. The chair has survived high heat and humidity and below freezing temperatures and it is as solid as the day I made it. It now sits by the wood stove in my wife's studio.
Friday, February 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment