I'm involved in a group exhibition that will be held at Arts Worcester's Aurora gallery in September.
Last year I was one of eight people who received a material needs grant from Arts Worcester. The grant is used to purchase materials for a project. Each of us will then exhibit these pieces at the upcoming exhibition.
I am creating two round end tables. The tables will taper, being larger at the top and narrower at the bottom. The tables will be cladded in scrap metal pieces and then torched to create a beautiful patina. The tops will be made out of mahogany. I am re purposing two swivel bases I took off of a couple of old chairs that were thrown out and sitting on the roadside in New Jersey. The legs on the bases remind me of insects. The metal cladding will look beetle like.
Below are the swivel bases I'll be using.
The exhibition opens on September 12.
Please visit arts wocester to learn more about the exhibition and Arts Worcester.
The exhibition opens on September 12.
Please visit arts wocester to learn more about the exhibition and Arts Worcester.



No comments:
Post a Comment