Thursday, May 7, 2015

Utility

I'm in the process of building a garden cart ( barrow ) and a compost sifter. Last week my wife asked me to make these projects and I jumped at the chance. I love building projects that serve a definite purpose and are utilitarian in function. Sure we can buy these items cheaper at a big box store but using them doesn't give you the same sense of pride and satisfaction when using them.
Today we were perusing around Bernat Antiques when I saw a beautiful homemade ca...rt and sifter. I love them. They're not glamorous but they are beautiful. They've aged with wear and have a fantastic patina on them. They weren't made to be good looking but needed to work. I can imagine the sense of pride the maker must have felt when they first used them.
I love them. I can't wait to finish my cart and sifter and use them.

As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
 



No comments:

Post a Comment