I've had some inquiries about what kind of finish I used on the mallets.
Around 15 years ago I was introduced to a product called Dura seal by the Min Wax corporation.
It's made for hardwood floors but it works great on furniture. It's kind of like Watco oil except, I find , it's a little more durable. It comes in neutral or with pigments in it. It's as easy as it comes. Brush it on, wait 15 minutes, wipe off the excess and let it dry. I wait a day and then usually apply a coat of wax.
You won't find it on the shelves at your local home center. It's a specialty product for floors. I had to order mine from Sherwin Williams ( they bought Min-Wax ) . It only comes in 1 G/4 L cans.
If there's a flooring shop near you ask them. They might have the product or can order it for you.
It seems to last for quite a while in the can. I've had the same can for over six years now.
I gave it a shake, poured it out and it still worked beautifully.
I searched the web and couldn't find it anywhere. I sent an email to a Min- Wax rep to see if it was still being made. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

No comments:
Post a Comment