Friday, January 8, 2016

Furniture bank
Last evening I watched a woodworking show out of Ohio.
During the show the host featured an organization called the Furniture Bank. The furniture bank is a non profit nationwide organization that helps underprivileged individuals and others who are transitioning from a shelter to their own home furnish their home. Providing qualified individuals and families with new and gently use furnishings.
The show I watched featured a local Ohio woodworkers guild who volunteer their time once a month and build new chests of drawers for the furniture bank. There was about 30 members of the guild who gathered together too build the pieces.
There is a furniture bank in every state. The images and linked address I included are from the Rhode Island furniture bank but if you google the name you'll see there is an organization in every state.
Before last evening I never had heard of the furniture bank. I think this is fabulous.' Folks in need are so concerned about putting food on the table and heating their homes that sometimes they lack common furnishings. Furnishing a home is the last thing they're worried about. If you or someone you know is in need, or you have some new or gently used furniture you'd like to donate please give your local furniture bank a call.
They will even come and pick it up
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment