Monday, July 17, 2017

Bidwell

The Bidwell House
Today we visited the Bidwell House in Monterey, MA.
The house is an authentic colonial home, a 1760's homestead on 192 acres.
The house is full of 18th and 19th century furnishings.
Unfortunately the house was closed for tours today because of a special event known as township day no#1.
On the front lawn of the house sits a fantastic garden bench. The bench is approximately seven feet long with an amazing subtle curve. What appealed to me the most about the garden bench is the fantastic patina. The bench is covered in layers of paint and even has some moss growing on it that just adds to it.
I love this bench.
I think I'll go back and take some more photos and measurements. I'd love to build one.
As always - Thanks for  following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve


Image may contain: people sitting, plant, tree, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment