" Five Furniture Joints in Two Days"
In December I taught a workshop with the above title at the Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking. The class was full with ten students who learned how to cut dovetails, box/finger joints, mitres, dados and rabbets. The students then made a small spice cabinet using one or more of the joints they learned in the workshop. I had a lot of fun and I think the students did as well, nearly all of them went home with a completed cabinet.
This summer I'm teaching a similar workshop at Peters Valley Craft Center called " A Table saw and a Router, You're in Business" This is a three day workshop running from May 23-25 where students will learn different types of wood joints that can be made using the table saw and a router. I have always said that you could start a woodworking business with just a table saw and a router. These are the two most versatile tools in the shop and can be used to create all types of woodworking joints. Students in this class will make a small spice cabinet using one or more methods learned in the workshop. Visit http://www.petersvalley.org/ to learn more about the class or to register for a workshop.

No comments:
Post a Comment