Monday, November 3, 2014

Looks Sketchy


Sketching and drawing are all part of the making process. Most projects I make start life as an idea that I sketch out in my sketchbook. I sketch and sketch, refining the idea. Once I have a solid design I then work out details by making a full scale drawing.

Making a full scale drawing really helps you get a sense of proportions and helps you foresee any construction problems. It also helps you price out materials you'll need. In the case of a tool box I don't need to go any further than a full scale drawing but if this was a piece of furniture of my own design I would make a model/ maquette out of cheaper materials as well. Building a model/maquette is the absolute best way to get a sense of proportion.and what the finish piece is going to look like.

Attached are images of a full scale drawing for the tool box episode.
As always - thanks for following.
Best
Steve



No comments:

Post a Comment