Monday, July 20, 2015

Zagray Farm Museum


We've been working real hard on the show lately so we decide to take a little break and go on a mini road trip. I mean real mini - about an hour and a half down the road to Zagray farm museum in Colchester, CT.
I grew up in a big city but I love all things farm like. I aspire to be a gentleman farmer, with a few pigs, goats and chickens. We've had a couple of coops in our life. I'd love to live a more self sufficient life. I love going to flea markets..., fairs and farm stands.
Anyways-We went to the Zagray farm museum on Saturday. They had sawmill demonstrations, a flea market, and a car show.
My favorite part of the event was talking to one of the flea market vendors. He was very generous with his information and wit. He travels the flea market circuit and stays on site, living in his awesome sportsman camper/trailer. This vintage camper was beautiful. That's it' I want one. I want to live a gypsy life and travel in this camper. We had a lot of fun.
I did find a fantastic cooker. It reminded me of an old ice box but quite the opposite. It was made out of oak and constructed in a frame and panel construction but had two cooking pots inset inside of it. I couldn't quite find how it worked. If you've seen one of these and have some information on it drop me a line and let me know about it. It was fantastic'
I also saw a great old belt driven planer. I wish I had a space that would accommodate such a planer. It would be fun to see it working.
Enjoy the pictures
As always- thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve







No comments:

Post a Comment