Friday, December 11, 2015

'Oh The Circle.... Is '
Almost complete.' All that is left to do to complete the cafe table is to cut out the round table top. I glued together the shelves from the bookcase I got from the local library to form a solid plank. I turned the board over and attached a home made circle cutting jig for the router. You can buy circle cutting jigs but it's easy to make your own. All you have to do is cut a piece of plywood ( I used 1/2" thick ply ), drill a hole for the router bit to fit through, and attach the router base.
In my case I'm using my Bosch plunge router, but you can use any router, plunge or fixed. You simply measure the center of the bit and then measure the distance away from it. I am cutting a 26" inch circle so I measured half of that distance, 13 inches.
I drilled a small hole at that point and attached a screw. I screwed the circle jig in the center of my boards and then I'll rotate the router around the screw point. Increase the depth of the bit each turn until you cut through your boards. It doesn't get any easier.
As always - Thanks for
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve



following.

No comments:

Post a Comment