House of Windsor
We spent another great weekend in the Berkshire mountain area.
We spent the weekend at my wife's Grandmothers house. I love going there. It seems like I discover something new each time.
I love making furniture, all types of furniture. My personal favorite aesthetic is mid-century modern but I love all types and styles.
We spent the weekend at my wife's Grandmothers house. I love going there. It seems like I discover something new each time.
I love making furniture, all types of furniture. My personal favorite aesthetic is mid-century modern but I love all types and styles.
While visiting my wife's Grandmother I noticed there were all kinds of Windsor chairs around the house. Windsors are great in that most of the building is done with hand tools, even today.
There are a few bow back Windsors with woven seats as well as a few comb back chairs in the house.
There are a few bow back Windsors with woven seats as well as a few comb back chairs in the house.
If you're looking for a great book on Windsor chairs check out a book called a Windsor handbook by Wallace Nutting. This book will teach you how to identify the differences and discover the nuances of Windsors.
If you're looking for a 'How To' make a Windsor chair book then check out a book called 'Chair Makers notebook' by Peter Galbert
published by Lost Art Press. The link is below
http://lostartpress.com/…/boo…/products/chairmakers-notebook. I've had the pleasure of working with Pete and he is a fantastic teacher and an exceptional maker.
published by Lost Art Press. The link is below
http://lostartpress.com/…/boo…/products/chairmakers-notebook. I've had the pleasure of working with Pete and he is a fantastic teacher and an exceptional maker.
Other notable makers who teach chair making workshops are Curtis Buchanan and Elia Bizzarri. I've attached links to all of these great makers websites. Please check out their work, it's quite amazing and inspiring.
As always - Thank for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve

No comments:
Post a Comment