Friday, April 1, 2016

Influence
Over the years I've subscribed to Fine Woodworking magazine published by the Taunton press. The magazine hasn't changed much, some years have been better than others but overall I've been happy with the content. In the past, as a teacher, I've used the great photos and illustrations in the magazine as teaching aids, including them in my handouts to students.
I've collected enough of the magazines that now I have a complete set. The set takes up a lot of room in a closet in the garage. The magazine is available in digital form but I, like most makers prefer to look and hold the magazine. The best thing about the magazine is that there is an article index that is available through the publisher. Recently I used this index to help me with the coopered top of the pine chest I just made.
I simply went to the index and looked for articles relating to 'Coopering' and it gave me the dates and issue of the magazine.
I went to the closet and sifted through until I found the issues and the corresponding articles.
I love it. It gets expensive at times but I think I'll keep up my subscription.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve




No comments:

Post a Comment