Monday, April 11, 2016

Sanding weather

Sanding weather
Yesterday was a great day to do a little sanding outdoors.
After I finished sanding the coopered top for the chest I cut and made some hinges and a hasp for it out of an old leather belt.
You want to make sure the belt is a thick solid piece of leather and not two pieces laminated together.
When I made the original chest I was able to utilize the grommet holes in the belt. This time I had to use a punch to create the holes. I then attach them to the lid with some pan head screws.
The pan head screws have a larger top so they are better to use to attach the hinges, making them more secure.
I shaped the leather hasp and now I just have to punch holes in it and attach it to the lid and the chest.
We should resume shooting on Wednesday and get this episdoe in the can'
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve





No comments:

Post a Comment