Saturday, January 24, 2015

Library

Earlier this week I got a call to come down to the library.
They were getting rid of an old oak bookcase and wanted to know if I would like it. We have no room left in the house for another bookcase but I had to take it. The wood is beautiful. The case is made out of solid oak, at least 1 1/8" thick.
I brought the case home and dismantled it. All of the pieces were held together with lag bolts so it was pretty easy to take apart.
The shelves are solid wood as well.

I now have three beautiful oak panels to use in a project. I'd like to keep them as is if possible and just incorporate them in a piece. I have an idea to build an arts and crafts style door as a project for the show, maybe I'll use them for that.
There's a brass plate on one of the panels with the name 'Remington Rand' on it.
I love repurposing materials and these oak panels will get a new life.

As always - Thanks for  following
Best
Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment