Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Shake your music maker

This isn't about the show but I thought I'd post it anyways. Afterall, it is woodworking.
There was no school on Monday and my son and I were suffering a little from cabin fever. We were running out of ideas and things to do.
We decided to make a project together and came up with the 'Music maker shakers' A name my son came up with.

A simple piece of pine, a few nails, and a few bottlecaps and you have a great tambourine like musical instrument. We used a woodburner to carve his name. I had a blast building this project with my son. If you're looking for a great way to spend a rainy day with your child I highly recommend making a music maker shaker.
We might make another one this weekend. We seem to have a lot of supplies leftover. I have no idea how we collected so many beer bottle caps'
Oh well
As always- Thanks for following
Best
Steve



No comments:

Post a Comment