Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Paddy's Day

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day so I've been working on my jigs.
Not that kind- woodworking jigs'
We are shooting a new episode tomorrow so I've been busy in the shop getting ready. I'm building a toolbox that is joined together with Box/finger joints. You can buy an elaborate jig to do the job or you can make your own.
I built two types of jigs to use with our project. One jig is made using a scrap piece of plywood out of the cut off bin and the other is a little more complicated. They both work well. The more complicated jig can be adjusted and rides independently in the miter gauge slots of the table saw. I took this one from the pages of my friend Ken Burton's book 'Table saw tips and tricks', How to get the most out of your saw published by popular woodworking books. The simple bare bones jig attaches to the table saws miter gauge.
Box/finger joints are easy to make if you take your time setting up the jigs. Both work equally well.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve







No comments:

Post a Comment