This past week I taught a class at Yestermorrow. There are eight students participating in a eleven week woodworking intensive at Yetermorrow. The students live on campus during the program. I was a visiting artist for week 5 of the program, teaching a class in advanced cabinetry. Myself and the students were involved in building a client-based commission. I designed a piece for the client weeks prior to the class and then the piece is used as a teaching tool, myself and the students construct it. It's an ambitious endeavor.
Driving up to Yestermorrow was a little nerve racking. Once I hit the New Hampshire border I had Ice all the way up into Vermont. What would normally be a four and a half hour drive took me seven and a half, but it was all worth it when I got there.
I was invited that evening to the kitchen to have a few beers and jam. Four of the people in these images were students of mine. Gillian is playing the violin, Matt is playing the banjo and the other Matt is playing guitar. Jacob brought two guitars, one so I could play. Jacob was very gracious and let me play his Martin guitar. One of my students is from my neck of the woods in Ontario, Canada. Can you tell which one he is? The night was a lot of fun, a great ice breaker. Thanks to all of the students for making me feel
comfortable.

No comments:
Post a Comment