Thursday, September 10, 2015

Here;s another simple tip right off the pages of my old trustworthy popular mechanics book.

I do have a pneumatic brad nailer and compressor  but I'm also old school.  I have a collection of jars filled with all different sizes of nails and brads.  Sometimes it's just easier and quicker to grab a hammer and drive a nail home.  I can't believe I just called a hammer and nail 'old school' but it's getting that way.  The sound of a compressor and a nail gun has replace the rhythmic tapping of  a hammer.

I'm guilty as charged, I use my compressor and nail gun also but if I have just a few to tap in then it;s the hammer.  Attached is an image of a very simple yet effective way to avoid marring your work surface when driving a nail home with a hammer.

Use a small piece of sheet metal to create a shield.   Notch one end of a metal strip, then bend the other end for a handle.  Finish driving the nails the rest of the way home with a nailset.

As always - Thanks  following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment