Hanging around
This old friends been hanging around for a long time now.
I made this mahogany porch swing many years ago when my wife and I first started dating.
I made this mahogany porch swing many years ago when my wife and I first started dating.
I was living in New Jersey and she came to my house for a visit.
She said " This is a great porch, but it needs a swing"
later that day I asked her to move in with me. She said only if I made her a swing for the porch"
She said " This is a great porch, but it needs a swing"
later that day I asked her to move in with me. She said only if I made her a swing for the porch"
She went back home and I got busy. The next time she came to visit she walked up onto the porch and saw this swing hanging there. We've been together ever since. True story.
For an object that holds so much history and meaning to me, you'd think I'd treat it better. I'm terrible. This swing is thirsty, and in need of some oil finish, and a little TLC. We've been lugging it around with us where ever we move to. Most of the time I just leave it up, out in the elements all year long.
For an object that holds so much history and meaning to me, you'd think I'd treat it better. I'm terrible. This swing is thirsty, and in need of some oil finish, and a little TLC. We've been lugging it around with us where ever we move to. Most of the time I just leave it up, out in the elements all year long.
I just hung it up today. I'll give it a fresh coat of oil, and then when the weather turns cold and nasty again, I'll take it down and put it in storage.
Porch swings aren't complicated to build. I hope you'll give one a try. If you're not already married - who knows'. It just might be the key to a future long term relationship.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve


No comments:
Post a Comment