I recently received my new issue of Fine Woodworking magazine.
Inside was an ad by Varathane. It talks about a new product they have developed called 'Weathered wood' It's an accelerator, that when applied speeds up the process and gives wood an aged look in a matter of minutes. It's not a stain. It's a chemical reaction that ages the wood.
Attached is a picture of the ad as it appears in the magazine.
Has anyone tried it?
My friend was telling me about an organic mixture he once knew that did a similar thing. It was with vinegar, baking soda, and something else. He forgot the 'something else'
If you have a recipe please share. I know there's a mixture to age cherry, it involves lye.
Has anyone tried it?
My friend was telling me about an organic mixture he once knew that did a similar thing. It was with vinegar, baking soda, and something else. He forgot the 'something else'
If you have a recipe please share. I know there's a mixture to age cherry, it involves lye.
I got in touch with the folks at Rustoleum, the parent company of Varathane. They are sending me a sample. I'll demo the product and post it, so we can all see the results.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve


No comments:
Post a Comment