New saw
I spent the day assembling a new saw. I have a new Rikon 10 inch contractors saw. I can't wait to try it out. So far the assembly has been pretty straightforward, except the box was missing a package of nuts and bolts.
No problem. They are standard, so a quick trip to my local hardware store and I was back at it in no time.
No problem. They are standard, so a quick trip to my local hardware store and I was back at it in no time.
The two cast iron extension wings posed a little bit of a problem. Only because they're heavy, and I was working alone. But they went together easily. I'll finish the assembly tomorrow.
I still have my old delta saw. It works great, and it will have a definite place in the shop, but the beefier motor of the Rikon will help a lot.
I still have my old delta saw. It works great, and it will have a definite place in the shop, but the beefier motor of the Rikon will help a lot.
I'll be test driving the saw soon and will give you a report.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve


No comments:
Post a Comment