Bernat
Yesterday we took a quick peruse through Bernat antiques.
I have yet to be let down or disappointed. I always find some cool stuff there. Check the images of the men's valet chair. This is the ultimate functional piece. What happened? Why don't we have furniture like this now? Hats have made a come back over the past few years and I've seen a few vests on people but gone are the days when folks would wear their best to a sporting game or a movie or event. Look a...t old footage of a hockey game from the fifties or sixties and most of the folks in the stands are in suits or dresses. Each industry influences another and this chair is a great example
Yesterday we took a quick peruse through Bernat antiques.
I have yet to be let down or disappointed. I always find some cool stuff there. Check the images of the men's valet chair. This is the ultimate functional piece. What happened? Why don't we have furniture like this now? Hats have made a come back over the past few years and I've seen a few vests on people but gone are the days when folks would wear their best to a sporting game or a movie or event. Look a...t old footage of a hockey game from the fifties or sixties and most of the folks in the stands are in suits or dresses. Each industry influences another and this chair is a great example
I have to build my own version of this chair for the show, it's fantastic. You have a drawer below the seat that stores trinkets like rings, watches and other jewelry. You have a built in clothes hanger for the suit jacket with an attached metal hanger for the pants. There's even a trough for cuff links, etc. This is beautiful'
I can't afford it right now but if it's still available in a couple of weeks I have full intentions of buying this piece and making one as a project for the show. This chair definitely has a purpose. In it's own way it makes us slow down and think about the day, what we'll wear and where we are going. Life is too fast now. We throw clothes on, rush out the door, grab our cell phone and go on our way. What a shame' We need too slow down and think about things more. I love this chair'
I can imagine sitting in the chair after a day at work, pondering the day, taking my shoes off and placing them under the chair ready for service in the morning. Then loosening a tie and hanging it with my hat, suit jacket on the hanger, all ready again for the next tour of duty.
I have few more images of things I saw at Bernat but I've said enough for now. I'll save them for another day. In fact - go visit if you're in the area. You can't help but slow down, walk at a comfortable pace, maybe reminisce of a special time, and see some awesome stuff. You might even get inspired.
As always - Thanks for
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
following
I can't afford it right now but if it's still available in a couple of weeks I have full intentions of buying this piece and making one as a project for the show. This chair definitely has a purpose. In it's own way it makes us slow down and think about the day, what we'll wear and where we are going. Life is too fast now. We throw clothes on, rush out the door, grab our cell phone and go on our way. What a shame' We need too slow down and think about things more. I love this chair'
I can imagine sitting in the chair after a day at work, pondering the day, taking my shoes off and placing them under the chair ready for service in the morning. Then loosening a tie and hanging it with my hat, suit jacket on the hanger, all ready again for the next tour of duty.
I have few more images of things I saw at Bernat but I've said enough for now. I'll save them for another day. In fact - go visit if you're in the area. You can't help but slow down, walk at a comfortable pace, maybe reminisce of a special time, and see some awesome stuff. You might even get inspired.
As always - Thanks for
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
following


No comments:
Post a Comment