Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pouring liquids into small openings
I finish my pieces with an oil and wax finish mostly. I usually pour the oil product into a bowl or coffee can, it makes it easier to get to. I always end up with extra remaining in the bowl. Trying to pour the leftover back into the small opening of the container can be difficult and messy.
Here's a trick I read about years ago. Use a scratch awl or a screwdriver. Hold the awl or screwdriver against the can or bowl, and pour the liquid onto the tool as it is held over the hole of the container. The leftover oil will cling to the tool and flow into the small opening of the container. Steady hands and a little practice will enable you to return any oil to its container without a mess.
Simply wipe the tool dry and you're done.
If you have a tip or technique you'd like to share then I want to hear from you. Pleas send it along so I can share it. The shows contact info is on the website.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment