Coopered Lid
Well - It's not a coopered lid , but it is a lid for a coop.
Yesterday I worked on the roof of the coop. It doesn't get much simpler than this. I've been scrounging around in the loft of the garage and found a couple of pieces of 2"x 6" boards.
I cut one the length of the back of the coop and the other piece I cut to the the length of the sides.
Yesterday I worked on the roof of the coop. It doesn't get much simpler than this. I've been scrounging around in the loft of the garage and found a couple of pieces of 2"x 6" boards.
I cut one the length of the back of the coop and the other piece I cut to the the length of the sides.
On the side piece I drew a line form one corner to the other. I then took my compact circular saw I cut down the length of the line, creating two equal, angled pieces. I'm not sure what the pitch is, as long as the rain will run off. I screwed the two side pieces to the back piece.
I then took a few pieces of 3/8" plywood I found and cut them to the width of the roof and attached them. I added a strip of wood to the front edge to create a lid. Up in the loft are a bunch of old asphalt shingles. Not all of them match but I'll be able to cover the roof with them and make it work.
I haven't attached them yet but that's all that's left to do, and paint it. My wife would like yellow, so a yellow coop it is'.
It's not the prettiest coop in the world, but it's air tight, and works.
I added some strap hinges to the back of the roof, and a cleat so in the warm weather I can raise the roof and give the birds some ventilation. It also makes cleaning a lot easier.
I'll probably add a small window, I'll do that later. I haven't quite made up my mind yet.
It's not the prettiest coop in the world, but it's air tight, and works.
I added some strap hinges to the back of the roof, and a cleat so in the warm weather I can raise the roof and give the birds some ventilation. It also makes cleaning a lot easier.
I'll probably add a small window, I'll do that later. I haven't quite made up my mind yet.
As always - Thanks for following
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve
Be safe and be creative
Best
Steve




No comments:
Post a Comment